Re: Which mirror to install etch or sid

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
thierry <tchatelet@free.fr> writes:

thierry wrote:
I am trying to install a box with amd64, using the latest daily
build image (ie: downloaded about an hour ago). But I can't get a
mirror to work. I get the following message:
The specified Debian archive mirror is either not available, or does
not have a valid Release file on it. Please try a different mirror.
But all the mirrors give that error. Does anyone knows what to do?
Thanks
Thierry

OOOpss! I forgot to say that I used the netinst iso.
Thierry

http://ftp.debian.org/README.mirrors.html

MfG
        Goswin

Thanks for your answer, Goswin, but I had seen that page. Did not help. I tried a few of those sources, and still got the same error message. I got out of it using a source with debian_amd64 in it. I know it is outdated know, but it worked...sort of! Anyhow, I could get a running system from them, and then I changed the sources to ftp.fr.debian.org/debian, dist-upgrade, and I am happy with a nice sid box.
Thanks again
Thierry