Re: Unwanted messages

Jeudi 8 juin 2006, 17:15:54 CEST, Erik Mouw a écrit :

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:51:29PM +0100, A J Stiles wrote:
> > We seem to be getting a lot of spam being sent to the list lately.
> > Can we do anything to block it?  Only accepting inbound mail from
> > addresses on the recipients list would be a good start.

Debian lists are open. It would be a policy change for all of them.
The idea is that you don't have to subscribe to post. Some people don't
like to have to "enlist" just to ask a single question. (Even if it
doesn't too much for a single list, IMHO, having to subscribe is way too
frequent these days.)

> >  Also, since
> > we're all Debian users here, it might make sense to reject mail
> > apparently coming from a Windows-based user-agent.

And if Windows users want to get help for their not yet installed debian?
Or, anything can happen, their not wishing-to-boot debian?

The only way to stop spam is to stop buying their "stuff": if they spam
it's because it works enough to make profit.

--
 Sylvain Sauvage