Re: gcc

I was too tired yesterday. Now tried. Perhaps mistakenly, I issued the ln -s
from my home, then cd to the directory containing the sources, from where i
issued make:

deb64:/home/francesco# ln - /usr/bin/gcc-4.1 /usr/local/bin/gcc
cd gmmx
deb64:/home/francesco/gmmx# make

whereby a large number of lines where shown consecutively, of the type

gcc -g -02 -c -o   utility.o  utility.c

where utility.c is a file owned francesco francesco (date when the tarball was
unzipped and untared), present before make, and utility.o, owned root root
(date when make was issued), was generated following the command.

the sequence ended with:

gcc -g  -o gmmx03 active.o angles.o attach.o column.o dolastat.o diagc.o

Then, after other lines of text

main.o: In function 'main':
/home/francesco/gmmx/main.c: 71: warning: the 'gets' function is dangerous and
should not be used.
deb64: /home/francesco/gmmx#

where <gmmx03> is the name of the tarball.

I do not yet understand if something positive happened, but surely your
suggestion has broken the ice. Thank you. (should you understand from the
above description, please tell me)

francesco pietra