lib32

As to amd64 debian etch OS (no IA32, no 32 chroot) I was examining what
happens on trying to launch there a scientific application in OpenGL that I
use on debian etch 32 and have to transfer to 64. The application directory
has self contained libraries but asked at the launching command for a shared
library (not found)

libXm.so.3

I did not expect to get the application running, I was just examining the
terminal info before engaging in a compilation at 64bit.

To this regard, may I ask about the purpose of

/lib32

present in my root partition and containing a large number of libraries?

thank you

francesco pietra