Lots of packets are missing in amd64/etch...

Hello.

I've just received a new server on amd64 (em64t) platform and tried to
install sarge.
Unfortunately, hardware is hardly supported by sarge, so I dist-upgraded
to etch immediately after install.

But now I faced the strange problem: a lot of packages aren't available
in amd64 etch.
And one of the nastiest things is unavailable gcc 8( So I can't install
pbuilder and rebuild packages by myself.

Can anyone explain me what's going on? Is official arch inclusion not
over yet? Where can I find the progress reports?

Thanks a lot in advance.

PS. Please CC me, I'm not on the list

--
Alexander Vlasov