issues with vim 7

Hello,

Is it only me or there are some problems with the new vim 7? I've
replaced my config file with the default one that comes with the
package. The syntax highlighting no longer works and it doesn't save the
position of line in the files, so every time i open a document, it
always positions the cursor on the first line.

Is it likely to be the problem with the default config file or the vim
itself?

Many thanks

Andrei