Re: counting scsi hosts

Jim Crilly wrote:

It seems to be normal, but I'd probably still say it's a bug in the SCSI
system. It is possible to reset the number by reloading the scsi_mod
module, but you have to umount all of the SCSI filesystems to do that so
it's not a great solution.

Unloading the SCSI module is what I did, and the counter is increased each time I reload the module.

But there's also the gdth module for the SATA RAID controller, generating SCSI devices, which cannot be unloaded unless the server could run diskless ...

GH