X700 + fglrx + debian-amd64 + xorg7.0 = running ?

Hello all,

does anyone got Xorg7.0 and ATI Card X700 (or similar) with ATI´s "fglrx"
driver running ? I do, but without acceleration. Does anyone have
acceleration got working on a pure 64-bit-system ?

If yes, I would like to see his entries in xorg.conf.

For me the driver works only without the kernel-module. If I start with the
kernel-module (this one starts fine), my screen becomes blank.

I suppose, the proprietrary driver part is 32-bit, the built one kernel-module
is 64-bit. So tehey will not play together. Could that be ?

(My ATI-driver version is 8.24.8)

Best regards

Hans