Re: VIA VT8251 low performance (was: ASUS A8V-MX)

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:55:56AM +0200, Zrin wrote:
> Well, I am getting about the same with Asus A8V-VM (and VT8251).
> It is that I was expecting more...

Well the specs on the WD 160GB drive says max buffer to disk speed of
748Mbit/s, and I imagine there is some CRC and ECC and other overhead,
so getting around 60MB/s seems pretty decent for that model.  And of
course max means at the outside of the disk (usually the start on most
drives), so the further in you get the slower it gets.  Also seek time
and other such things take time too, which add more delays.