Help... messed around with insserv

Hello,

do you know the programm insserv. It should add startup links for a program to
the different runlevels. The system on which it is use should be lsb
compabile. I thought that debian is not lsb compatible, but because the
programm was available via apt, I used it (OK it is my own fault, not to talk
about this...)

But I got a lot of messages like this:
insserv: warning: script 'bootclean' missing LSB tags
insserv: warning: script 'bootclean' missing override too

No, the most obvious problem I have is that my network is not configured by
dhcp anymore. I have to type dhcp eth1 - and the the card is set up properly.

There are a few other services which seems to be trashed by insserv. E.g.
discover is startet up two time.

I do not know anything about how to organize runlevels. Is there a way to get
this thing right, or do I have to reinstall the system?

Thank you advance. W. Mader