Re: rxvt won't start

On Friday 28 April 2006 15:48, Russ Cook wrote:
> Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> > Russ Cook <russcook@mbo.net> writes:
> >> I'm running gnome.  From a xterminal, I try to start rxvt, and
> >> get this message:
> >> rxvt: can't load color "Black"
> >> rxvt: can't load color "Black"
> >> rxvt: aborting
> >>
> >> Has anyone seen this problem, and can you tell me what I
> >> should check?
> >
> > You may have managed to hit http://bugs.debian.org/343389 .
> > Try reinstalling the x11-common package with dpkg
> > --force-confmiss:
> >
> > dpkg -i --force-confmiss
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/x11-common_*.deb
>
> Aaron,
>   Thank you for the reply.  I did as you suggested, but the error
> remains the same.
> Thanks though!

Is their any special reason your using rxvt? You can make the
changes to x-term to make it look exactly like rxvt!

Example code:

xterm -sb -sl 200 -leftbar -fg black -bg white &

I do agree that if rxvt does not work right maybe you should file a
bug report.  If I remember correctly rxvt is a subset to xterm, and
might not have implemented everything yet.

Gnu_Raiz