Re: broken ia32-libc6 / libc6-i386

Hi Goswin,

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Why do you reply to an old mail that has nothing to with your problem?

Sorry, I don't know how this happened.

>> Would it be possible to provide the changelog by default,
>> esp. for such a radical change?
>
> You know, you could just download the package and look at the
> changelog contained within. That is what it is for.

This is not the point. Surely I could download the package
sources and build it on my own, if necessary. But I would
prefer that the promised functionality works as expected.
Updating the changelog file in sync with the upload of the
source package doesn't sound that difficult to me.

Esp. when upgrading an essential (and probably huge) package
like glibc, thunderbird, or a new Xserver I would like to know
what has changed without manually downloading the package.

> Libasound is 300K big, accounting for the shrink from 5.9MiB to
> 5.6MiB. Where do you get 725KiB from?

Thats what aptitude says:

 Actions  Undo  Package  Resolver  Search  Options  Views  Help
C-T: Menu  ?: Help  q: Quit  u: Update  g: Download/Install/Remove Pkgs
aptitude 0.4.1                    Will use 102kB of disk space   DL Size: 6190kB
--\ Upgradable Packages
  --\ libs - Collections of software routines
    --\ main - The main Debian archive
iu    ia32-libs                                    -725kB  1.8        1.9
--- Installed Packages
--- Not Installed Packages
--- Obsolete and Locally Created Packages
--- Virtual Packages
--- Tasks

Regards

Harri