Re: dist-upgrade sarge to etch

Hi,

> > Is there something wrong here, or should I risk this upgrade?
>
> Nothing realy wrong here. Just uninstallable and missing packages. The
> unofficial etch was never truely functional. It just got worse lately
> and with the official archive shaping up we are basicaly past caring.
>
> If you still want to use it then apt-get install specific
> packages. Try what you can update without deinstalling half the
> system. Might not be much or anything usefull. My recommendation is to
> switch to the official etch and wait it out till it becomes complete.
>
> Only 4 days left till XOrg enters etch. That should allow a ton of
> stuff to enter.

Thanks a lot for your answer! So, I'll wait some days...

And now I made it, to install a 2.6.16-kernel on sarge and nothing bad
happened this time... graphics and sound are runnning now.

But now, I have another question: where can I get packages like
libdvdcss to access my DVDs? All the marillat-mirrors I know seem to
be down actually: nerim..., spello..., ucla...

Is there any mirror running out there?

Regards,
sigi