Re: Troubles with debuild since devscripts 2.9.17

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <jean.luc.coulon@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'use to build debian packages from the svn releases of cinelerra and
> several other ones.
>
> With debuild from devscripts 2.9.16 everything is fine but with 2.9.17
> I got the following error the traditionnal "recompile with -fPIC"
> message:
> /usr/bin/ld: .libs/libmpeg3.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local
> symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with
> -fPIC
> .libs/libmpeg3.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Having a look futher, I've seen that the DEB_HOST_ARCH variable is no
> more set with this new version.
>
> Is it a bug or a feature?
>
> Regards
>
> Jean-Luc

It was never set, at least not by all the other build tools. You have
to use dpkg-architecture in debian/rules.

This also have no effect on -fPIC. That MUST be set on all
architectures for shared libraries. So any check of DEB_HOST_ARCH
would be a bug.

MfG
        Goswin