Re: Sarge on 100GB SATA Drives

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 06:02:06PM +0530, Siju George wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to net install sarge amd64 port on an amd64 athlon
> computer with 120GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.7 SATA Hard Disk.
>
> The mother board is
>
> http://www.directron.com/rs482m4ild.html
>
> It seems the installer does not detect the hard disk :-(
>
> Is this hardware supported? any work arounds?
>
> Waht is the Ideal hardware to get the amd64 port of Sarge working well?

Ideal hardware: Something with via or nvidia chipset is generally fine.
ATI has no chance with sarge.  With etch you might have a chance.

Using the 2.6.15 kernel based unofficial sarge installer could also be a
solution (and as usual I still haven't bothered to note the url to the
page that has that updated installer).