Re: forcedeth fails on second port with error -12

Greetings Sebastian:

As promised, here are the relevant settings from my BIOS.  Please note that I have a 3Ware 9500 RAID card handling all of the drives which is why all of the SATA controllers are all shut down.  I also have two PCIe video boards, which is why some of the video settings are the way they are.  The machine has 4GB of RAM (8x512MB) which effects the memory settings.

I can't vouch that any of these settings are right - or even sane.  I am getting "Machine Check Exception" errors in my system logs.  They don't seem to be adversely effecting the machine in any way.  Tyan has not been helpful in diagnosing them or even in detailing what some of these settings mean.  That having been said, here you go:

BIOS Version: 1.02.2895
Installed OS: WinXP64

Hammer Config
  ECC Features
    ECC: Enabled
    ECC Scrub Redirection: Enabled
    DRAM ECC Scrub Ctl: 1.31ms
    Chip Kill: Disabled
    Dcache ECC Scrub Ctl: Disabled
    L2 ECC Scrub Ctl: Disabled
  Memory Hole
    4GB memory Hole Adjust: Auto
    4GB memory hole size: 1792 MB (not adjustable)
    IOMMU: Enabled
    IOMMU: 128MB
    Memhole mapping: auto
  Memory Config:
    Swizzle Memory Banks: Enabled
    DDR Clock Jitter: Disabled
    Memory Clock: DDR400
    Enable All Memory Clocks: Populated
    Controller Config Mode: Auto
    Timing Config Mode: Auto

Integrated Devices:
  USB Control: USB1.1+USB2
  USB Legacy Support: Enabled
  Self-Healing: Enabled
  MAC LAN: Enabled
  MAC LAN Bridge: Enabled
  MAC Address: 00E08154CCF2 (not adjustable)
  MAC OPROM Scan: Enabled
  Audio Codec: Enabled
  SATA0 Controller: Disabled
  SATA1 Controller: Disabled
  Interrupt Mode: APIC
  SLI Broadcast Aperature: SLI on Master
  PCI Express MSI: Enabled
  PCIe Error Handling: Enabled
  Slave Devices:
    MAC LAN: Enabled
    MAC LAN Bridge: Enabled
    MAC Address: 00E08154CCF3 (not adjustable)

The only piece of advice that I can give about the BIOS is that my NICs stopped working when I disabled the MAC LAN Bridge settings.

Good Luck.

-Scott

From: reeses1@comcast.net