Xorg 7.0 and keyboard (again)

Hi,

I've read everthing that have been posted about the keyboard problems.
As bug #362105 was marked solved, I decided to upgrade.

Everything went (about) fine, problems was:
- x11-common 7.0.11 conflicts with xfs so the X server doesnt want to start because the default fonts arent available. I've reverted to 7.0.10 and reinstalled xfs. - xbase-clients update postrm wants (seems to) to remove /usr/X11R6/bin but failed because the directory was not empty. I've removed the symlink to allow the upgrade... And reinstall the symlink then because otherwise it was not possible to start X from gdm: gdm_server_spawn: '/usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -dpi 96 -audit 0 -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7' - And finally I managed to start gnome but I got the error message as reported in #362105

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
70000000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd

This seems to be harmless but I've lost my compose key and xmodmap is not processed while it is in the session startup programs. I've also some problems with so-called multimedia keys on my keyboard.

Here are the data asked by the gnome popup:
[jean-luc@tangerine] % xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xorg", "logiinkse", "fr-latin9", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xorg", "logiinkse", "fr-latin9", "", ""
[jean-luc@tangerine] % gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
 layouts = []
 model =
 overrideSettings = false
 options = []

I use the keyboard as defined in xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Logitech Keyboard"
   Driver      "keyboard"
   Option      "CoreKeyboard"