Re: cdrecord fails on usb writer

Hi,

I wanted to retry this with a more recent linux kernel.
Did you try anything specific, and which kernel did you use?
Does the debug/log output of cdrecord look similar to
the one I attached to the original posting?

Thanks,

	Andreas

ajmm@portugalmail.pt wrote:
Hi! I'd just like to say that when I was just going crazy with my problem trying to write dvds on an external LG GSA-4167B i found your post, and... I'll give up. I lost toooo much time on this... Good luck! If i find an answer I'll tell you about it.

<Original Posting>
Hi, burning CDs with cdrecord fails on my AMD64 debian installation. The cd writer is an external device connected through USB. I am currently running a self-compiled 2.6.15 kernel, but the same issue occurs with the debian default 2.6.12-amd64-generic kernel. I did a parallel i386 installation on the same box, also with the debian 2.6.15 kernel package, and in this installation cdrecord works well. I assume therefore that it is a kernel issue. cdrecord versions are the same on both installations. Attached is the output which is generated from cdrecord (by the k3b frontend in this case). Any hints are very welcome :-) I hope it is not one of the "unsettled 2.6 kernel issues" cdrecord warns about :-/ Thanks and best regards, Andreas