Re: install prob

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:21:30AM -0700, panini wrote:
> i a trying to install amd64 etch on my new hp pavillion dv5057ea
> notebook.(turion)
> but i am not able to access internet during the installation process to
> download from archives as the new beta version doesnt install base system(so
> i cant use the command telnet in another console to connect to internet
> server) i tried older version of sarge netinst but wont boot with or without
> vga=771 .
> anyone please let me know how can iover come this problem of connecting to
> internet in beta version....

Well most Turion systems seem to use the dreadful ati chipset, which
seems to require at least 2.6.12 kernel to have a chance.

There are unofficial sarge installers with newer kernels (someone
maintains a 2.6.15 based sarge installer, but I can't remember the url
right now.  It has been mentioned on the list recently though).