nfs-kernel-server init script

Hello.
Well, I've just apt-get updated my boxes and compliled a new 2.6.16
kernel for them. After that, my amd64's nfsd refuses to start from the
init.d script. The problem is the check that
/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server does to verify apropiate support compiled
in the kernel, line 66:

# See if our running kernel supports the NFS kernel server
       if [ -f /proc/kallsyms ] && ! grep -q nfsd_version
       /proc/kallsyms; then
           echo "Not starting $DESC: no support in current
           kernel."
           exit 0
       fi
Now,
homero:/proc# zgrep NFS config.gz
ONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
# CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
CONFIG_NFS_DIRECTIO=y
CONFIG_NFSD=y
CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
# CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL is not set
CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y
CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y
CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y

but  grep nfsd_version /proc/kallsyms founds nothing. This is the reason
why nfs-kernel-server fails.

So I looked the same thing in a ia32 box (debian unstable, kernel
2.6.16, very similar kernel config), and grepping for nfsd_version in
kallsyms:
fmaresca@bird:~$ grep nfsd_version /proc/kallsyms
e0baed8c b nfsd_versions        [nfsd]
e0bacab0 d nfsd_version [nfsd]
e0bad7c0 d nfsd_version4        [nfsd]
e0bacd20 d nfsd_version2        [nfsd]
e0bad420 d nfsd_version3        [nfsd]

So the symbols exported by the amd64 kernel are different.
Is this a bug in nfs-kernel-server package?
Regards,
--
Fernando M. Maresca