Re: nvidia building from source (2.6.15)

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 17:12, David Liontooth wrote:
> Jo Shields wrote:
> > Sebastian Haase wrote:

> >> Thanks for the reply - as I said the only 8178 I found claimed to be
> >> only for i386.
> >> Now, I went to the nvidia web site and got their driver-installer
> >> script (appr. 9MB) -- it worked right-away (I followed instructions
> >> from
> >> http://wiki.serios.net/wiki/Debian_NVIDIA_proprietary_display_driver_ins
> >>tallation)
> >>
> >> Only concern of course now is that I would like to know where the
> >> hell this script put its (glx / module / X ) files .... !?!?!?
> >
> > All over the place. Which is why you NEVER use the stuff from
> > nvidia.com directly
>
> Exactly. That said, I think there may be an uninstaller in the package
> now? BTW, although Randall Donald says he puts his packages on his own
> repository at http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia, he hasn't done
> that since December. The main repositories get them, though.
>
> Dave

Please point me to a mirror that has the 8178  version for amd64.

--> I'm already starting to have problems with building GL programs (it seems
like a "gl.h" mixup after installing xlibmesa-gl-dev ...)
So I'm looking for a NVIDIA deinstall script (it seems all NVIDIA files have
the same creation date ...)

Thanks (I'm back ...)
 - Sebastian Haase