asrock 939Dual-SATA2 feed back

Hi,
I just installed Debian amd64 on the above mother board.
I had problems with the network card interface.
I had to downlod an unofficial CD of Etch and make the dist-upgrade just
with the CDs.
The NIC did not work out of the box. I had to gamble some cmmoand line
to make it first works:
	# ifconfig eth0 down
	# ifconfig eth0 up
And then my switch led turned on (it was of before).
Then I just reconfigured the network and then it's done.
I did not know why.
It uses the uli526xx module, 100Mbps full duplex.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.