Re: ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard: comments?

Hendrik Tews wrote:
Dear all,

does anybody have experiences with the ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard
or its Deluxe variant? Does Debian run out of the box on it?

I did have a few problems with disc enumeration order differing between install and sarge, but this was on a fairly complex system with 4 SATA drives, a couple of genuine scsi drives and a legacy PATA (ie IDE) drive.

The grub menu written by the installer tried to boot from the wrong disc (because of said enumeration difference), so I used a grub floppy and edited the entries on the first boot, and then changed them permanently.

Most people with simpler systems have no problems. Unless my memory is failing, Jo is not right in recommending the Via K8T890: it is a Nvidia nforce4 chipset.

Maybe Len's 2.6.12 installer might get around the problems that I saw: I expect that the disc enumeration will match.

ael