Installing Debian on sata drive with adaptec aic-8130 controller V2

Hi,

sorry if not is the correct list, but I have found than this issue have been
threaded before [1] and I have a  some aspects not very clear, I would like
to ask  to the list about it.

We have bought a HPProliant ML150 G2 that comes with a RAID controller. This
raid controller is a Adaptec HostRaid 8130 SATA Galileo/SATA II PI-X.

1) I have found some people that says that this controller is the _same_ (or
can use) [2] the Marvell 88SX6541-BCZ driver. Please, could you confirm this?

2) in many places I see that the card is named my the vendor Hercules, but I
found Galileo. It's the same?

3) I couldn't to use the raid because I have only a HD. The newest installers
detect my only disk, but when I try to install it all is very slow, and dmesh
show a lot of timeouts errors from the ata driver. I think that I have the
same behavior that [3], but the bug is marked as done. However I used a full
cd from Thursday 16 March and I don't know if the bus is repaired.

4) I have found BIOS RAID support on Linux 2.6.x with dmraid [4], and maybe it
could be a solution for who wants to use the raid. Someone have used it?

And well, the last one, (sorry for all the questions) it's worsewhile to
install a amd64 debian version in a this box that comes with a xeon with emt?

Best regards,

and thank's in advance.

Leo

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2006/01/msg00676.html