Re: which motherboard for a debian server?

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:33:21 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:42:18PM +0100, Luca Rozza wrote:
> > it's the second asus motherboard, with the same problem, i nomore trust
> > of asus :#
>
> Hmm, I have used nothing but Asus since 1992, including an A8V, and
> so far, I have never had a failure.  Makes me actually suspect the power
> supply or something else as the cause of damage.

I agree, I'm in the same boat with Asus,
Althought I've been trying some Gigabyte boards recently.
So far so good.

Although, I find that if you're running servers, use boards dedicated
to server operation. They're more expensive, but you get onboard video
with no sound, dual lan, and all that jazz.
Its worth it.

Mike