Re: Wrong timings on amd64 (Turion) Solution

Am Montag, 27. Februar 2006 14:13 schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 05:39:49PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > since I have an AMD64-Turion processor, all timings are twice as fast as
> > they should be. This can be seen at:
> >
> > - clock
> > - downloadrate at apt-get
> > - keyboard (rate and delay)
> > - clock (in KDE)
> > - the icon animation in KDE
> >
> > and some more.
> >
> > I found a workaround in grub, to set at start "clock=tsc", but this does
> > not work. I googled a lot, found other people with the same problem, but
> > no solution.
> >
> > Any hints ?
>
> This is a known problem with ATI chipsets.  It is something that is
> being worked on in the kernel, and I believe as of 2.6.15 it is fixed
> for most systems.  If you are running sarge, you could grab a newer
> kernel from backports.org to try.
>
> Len Sorensen

Thanks Len !

I have found a solution: you must add "disable_timer_pin_1" in grub. Other
solution was, to start without acpi. The first solution will start with acpi.
Now everything works o.k. However, i do not know, if the system is now more
slowly. I could not proove it yet.

Best regards

Hans