were to get new(est) kernel package (SMP ! - EM64T if possible) (was: installing sarge with USB keyboard)

Hi,
The netinst package below worked great ! Thanks to  Len Sorensen.
Now I need to get another (never at best) kernel thought !
The Pentium D  needs an SMP version kernel.

Can anyone point me to where maybe someone has build a ready-to-use package !?

Otherwise,  how can I get the source to build a new package myself ?
Can I just get  deb-packages from etch or sid ? (I'm running sarge!)
Do I build the new kernel with gcc-3.3  or gcc-3.4 ?

I think 2.6.8 is definely to old, since I need SATA ...

(BTW, I could not use the on-board IntelPro1000 network card, e1000.ko did not recognize it - did anyone else encounter this problem ?)

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase

Austin (Ozz) Denyer wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:37:19 -0800, Sebastian Haase