Re: amd64 on ftp.debian.org etc

On 10573 March 1977, Anthony Towns wrote:

> underway. The usual process for new ports has been to discard all the old
> debs that were being used for developing the port, and rebuilding from
> scratch for inclusion in the archive;

Maybe that should be relaxed for future ports in a situation like amd64
is now: The rebuilding is technically a joke, as it gets build from the
same sources the port now use, on the same build machine, from the same
buildd maintainer.

I can understand why one wants the rebuilding for some ports where you
cant follow how / where stuff got build, but if you can do it *I* find
it a bit heavy to rebuild everything *again*.

--
bye Joerg
<exa> There is no point in trying to fix bugs if I won't have an