debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso fails reboot
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso fails reboot
- From: "Bhaskar Manda" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0600
- Message-id: <13876B12FAF13240865A5E17F02A7BD9124A06@Oakbrookdc01.CF-Oakbrook.local>
When an installation of
debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso (21-Feb-2006 02:59 89M)
is rebooted, it fails because it cannot find the root fs. The error is
device-mapper: 4.4.0-xxx initialised
Unable to find volume group Debian.
/dev/mapper/Debian-root does not exist.
Dropping to a shell.
This is with a SATA disk. The GRUB boot line is
This iso was supposed to fix harmless error messages from udev and also
an incorrect GRUB root specification.
Bhaskar S. Manda