testing - 3ware adapters swap

Hi,

I'm currently running stable release on a supermicro system composed of 1 Xeon Irwindale, 2GB of RAM and 2 3ware raid adapters (one 8006-2LP with 2x80GB raid1 for the system, and one 9500S-12 with 12x400 GB raid50 for storage). Yes, this is for a NAS :)

disk setup :
2x80GB raid 1 (sda)
/dev/sda1 -> /
/dev/sda2 for lvm (swap, home, var, usr, tmp)
12x400GB raid50 (sdb)
/dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2, /dev/sdb3, /dev/sdb4 for lvm (exported filesystems)

As I was having some poor performances with the rewriting on the NAS, I've googled for the problem and found that maybe there was a glitch in the kernel so I decided to give a try to the testing release and to go with the 2.6.15-1 kernel.

Upgrade was OK, apt installed everything at the right place but when I rebooted the system in order for the changes to take place, then I ended up on ash. I was like "WTH is going on" and noticed that for some reason, after grub started the kernel, the 2 adapters were logically swapped. Basically my sda1 is now pointing to the 1st drive of my 9500S-12 adapter.
If I reboot with my 2.6.8-11 kernel, everything is going fine.

Any of you got any idea of what is going wrong and what I could do to fix that ?

I'm pretty sure it isn't a x86_64 problem but I'm posting here because it's the debian release i'm using on the server :)

Regards,
Christophe Busson