Re: xorg horribly slower after upgrade to 6.9

Am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 21:56 schrieb Ernest jw ter Kuile:
> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading from xorg 6.8.x to 6.9 I don't have any hw acceleration
> anymore (actually, if I had any).
>
> Moving anything around the screen or scrolling is horribly slow right
> now, and I can't get back to 6.8 (I deleted the corresponding .deb files
> I had)

The radeon driver didn't really take the transition to 6.9 well, it seems.
This made quite a few people (including me) unhappy.
In my case, dualhead has ceased to work. According to the log, the second
monitor is detected, and immediately afterwards radeon states there is no
second monitor and turns the port off.

Same as you, I see those DRI messages, but I can't tell if they were there
in 6.8.2 as well.

So, I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem, but I suppose the radeon
driver will be worked on already. I've temporarily switched to fglrx, but
I'm not happy with it at all. We just have to wait, I guess.

Have fun,
Luca