Re: Can't mount CD/DVD drives

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 08:39:11AM -0500, Carl Brown wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 12:36 pm, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > You mean: make sure ide-scsi isn't even thinking of loading and that
> > ide-cd is the only one that is loaded.
>
> Ide_scsi is loaded, and refuses to unload.
>
> # rmmod ide_scsi
> ERROR: Removing 'ide_scsi': Device or resource busy

Known issue. I you could unload it, the kernel will most probably oops.

> It is unclear why it is busy:

Might be the bug, might also be a workaround so the kernel won't oops
if you try to unload. As a workaround, run:

  chmod 000 /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/scsi/ide-scsi.ko

And reboot the machine.

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --