Re: Kernel 2.6.15-4 freeze

> Did you reboot after upgrading to 2.6.15-4? That upgrade happened for me
> this morning, and the upgrade warned that I would need to reboot, so I did.
>
> Also, I noticed a problem with shfs on AMD64 with a 2.6.14 kernel last
> week or the week before, whereby normal everyday commands like ls
> started segfaulting. It might be a related problem -- I didn't take the
> time to debug it.
>
> --Ken

I may have made the mistake of not rebooting, excuse me for my stupidity. I
will try to use version 2.6.15 again and see if it fails again. But since
modprobe segfaults on my 386 system when installing the gpib module I did not
think of that.
   I had a lot of problem with kernel 2.6.14 similar to what you mentioned.

/Gudjon