Stable vs Etch

I am currently running a 64-bit system, using Stable in my apt sources.list.
I find that some packages are unavailable to me (as expected).  I understand
that amd64 is not an official part of the archives yet, but all the
ramifications
are unclear to me.  Is Etch the current unstable source tree for amd64,
or is
it testing, and is unstable more unstable than testing, or vice-versa?

I want to be able to play and write dvds, run Azureus, etc, but I don't want
to take any more risks than necessary of my system crashing due to
experimental packages.  I'm will to take some risk, but I'd like to know the
relative levels with the various packages.  I guess what I'm really
asking is
what is the correspondence between degress of stability with stable,
unstable, testing, experimental, and what dist names are associated with
these levels - Sid, Sarge, Etch, etc?

What does debian-marrilat offer that the other mirrors don't?

Thanks much,
   Russ
#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

deb http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ stable main contrib non-free