Re: Please help - kernel crashes often

I would suppose it is a hardware issue, too.

Have you tried memtest86 ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) ?

Let this check run about 20 hours. I experienced a problem on my router
after 12 runs
of the complete test suite, but immediately unziping one special file.

According to
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/30417.pdf
your Opteron is specified for not more than 65°C case (processor
package) and
70°C measured by the thermal sensor diode.
But I would check fan, heatsink and thermal compound nevertheless.
62°C might be a problem. My San Diego AMD64 4000+ reaches about 40°C if
I am
compiling a kernel.

Greets,

Christoph