vbetool with SIS M760

Hi!

I have tried for some months now to get my video back from suspend,
without success... I hope some of you can help me.

I boot in single user mode. I added "reserve=0xd0000000,0xd4000000" to
the kernel boot options. I read somewhere this is needed because my
laptop uses shared memory. Then, I run the following script:

#!/bin/sh
echo "Saving vbestate"
vbetool vbestate save > /tmp/vbstate
echo "Sleeping"
sync
sync
sync
echo mem > /sys/power/state
echo "Restoring vbestate"
vbetool vbestate restore < /tmp/vbstate

The result is some garbage on the screen, although I can recognise that
the cursor is blinking somewhere and I can type "reboot" to get back to
normal :(

I tried to change the last command ("vbetool vbestate restore") into
"vbetool post". This is the output (obtained redirecting the output of
the script to a file):

Calling INT 0x15 (F000:F859)
 EAX is 5F00
Leaving interrupt call.
Calling INT 0x15 (F000:F859)
 EAX is 5F02
Leaving interrupt call.
Calling INT 0x15 (F000:F859)
 EAX is 5F03
Leaving interrupt call.
Calling INT 0x15 (F000:F859)
 EAX is 5F01
Leaving interrupt call.
Calling INT 0x15 (F000:F859)
 EAX is 5F04
Leaving interrupt call.
ffb8f9f0:401900: C8 ILLEGAL EXTENDED X86 OPCODE!
halt_sys: file, line 4200704

The result on the screen is not different from before. What does it mean?

Which other solutions can I try to restore my video after suspend to memory?

Bye,
Halva