Re: Location of libunwind.a for amd64

Delbert Franz wrote:

> Apparently '_Unwind_Resume' appears in a library, libunwind.a  under IA-64.  However, I have
> been unable to find any library like that for AMD64.  What is it called for debian-AMD65?
> A google search turns up lots of references to libunwind and debian but I cannot find it
> in the current stable amd64 packages.   Perhaps it is in the unstable or testing archive?

Looks like it is in /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 in the "libgcc1" package.  I
think any GNU compiler would link against that automatically (g95 is a
fork away from the GNU compiler collection).  Maybe try without the
"-static" compiler flag?

The libgcc_s.so and libgcc.a development symlink and static library are
tucked away in /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux/3.4.4/ in the gcc-3.4 package,
so you could also try to add a flag "-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux/3.4.4"
in order to see them in your linking step.

Or try instead with gfortran, the "official" Fortran95 compiler from GNU?

regards,