Re: [sid] gnome-applets: Depends: gnome-panel (>= 2.12.1-1) but 2.10.2-1 is to be installed

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 10:28:28AM +0100, Thomas Koeppen wrote:
> after new update/upgrade gome-applets and gnome-panel can be installed on my box.

[..]

> i think, if any user do an upgrade, packages should be ever consistent,
> packages with unmet dependencies should not uploaded to repository (sarge/sid)

Indeed.. and they are uploaded consistly, but for a different
architecture (usually i386, sometimes powerpc/sparc/alpha but certainly
not amd64 yet).

Then the -data or -common package, which is architecture: all, becomes
available instantly on all platforms, but the package containing the
programs has to be built by the autobuilder and will be at least 1 day
behind. In between the original upload and the autobuilder upload, you
have missing packages.

You don't notice it much on i386 because most people upload i386
binaries, but it's quite noticeable when using amd64 or powerpc or
whatever else.

Hamish