Re: 64/32 with DRI
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: 64/32 with DRI
- From: Andrew Sharp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:43:17 -0800
- Message-id: <20060104224317.GA6088@viking>
- In-reply-to: <1136410602.6415.12.camel@ix>
- References: <1135716183.5763.3.camel@localhost> <email@example.com> <1135975078.3702.1.camel@localhost> <1136187916.3797.1.camel@localhost> <20060102093559.GA14162@cloud.net.au> <1136302564.4734.4.camel@ix> <20060104185831.GA5806@viking> <1136410602.6415.12.camel@ix>
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 03:36:42PM -0600, Stephen Olander Waters wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 10:58 -0800, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > I think this started over DRI support for the ancient 7000 Radeon.
> > However, I haven't seen any testing results posted. I know there is a
> > comment in the code that it's experimental, but have you actually tried
> > it and found it to be buggy?
> I believe this is the bug I am experiencing:
Hmm, is it possible to downgrade to X.org 6.7? Er, 6.8.2 is the version
even in etch, so downgrading would be difficult.
It looks to me to be 64-bit specific, like, it's iterating through a
4294967295 planes trying to do something the chip doesn't even support,
instead of skipping that feature. So if you can live without DRI for
a little while, they will probably have this fixed, or at least a patch