Re: 64/32 with DRI

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:36:04AM -0600, Stephen Olander Waters wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 20:35 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 01:45:16AM -0600, Stephen Olander Waters wrote:
> > > Radeon 7000 DRI in xorg 6.8.2 is "unstable" apparently. See this
> > > message:
> > [...]
> > > Man that sucks.
> >
> > That's ATI for you.
>
> I'm not using ATI's proprietary driver. I'm using the buggy open source
> driver maintained by X.org which used to work just fine...

Geez you guys sound like a couple of teenagers who just found their
favorite football team.  If the open source ATI Radeon driver has bugs
you don't like, you are free to jump in and fix them.  It works quite
well for me on multiple systems including my amd64.

I think this started over DRI support for the ancient 7000 Radeon.
However, I haven't seen any testing results posted.  I know there is a
comment in the code that it's experimental, but have you actually tried
it and found it to be buggy?