Re: missing /dev/fd/0 device nodes

Hi all,

Earlier today I wrote:

 /dev/fd/0 .. /dev/fd/3 device nodes don't exist. Do I need to
 configure something to get these files?

Turns out that the following symbolic link was missing:

ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev

After adding this link CUPS started working.

 This system was initially installed from the testing archive because
 I thought that was the latest. I then changed to unstable and updated
 everything. I did not try printing with testing, so I can't tell
 whether this is a problem with unstable only, or perhaps even related
 to the upgrade procedure from testing to unstable.

My guess is that the upgrade from testing to unstable somehow failed to create this link.

Joachim