Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

On 12/19/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 12:23:06PM -0500, Aaron Stromas wrote:
> Yesterday I wasn't able even too boot the netinst CD. This morning I
> made a liiiitle progress, but not much. I burned a new netinst CD and
> got the installer to come up. It turns out I was celebrating too
> early: as soon as I got to the language selction screen both my
> keyboard and mouse stopped working. It is one of those wireless
> keyboard/mouse combos. I suppose, I could try with a wired keyboard...
> any other suggestions?

Add acpi=off to the boot options.  Seems to fix that problem on many
systems.

cause kernel panic on mine :)

the thing is -  when  i get the installer to come up , the black page with the red debian swirl, the wireless combo works but it stops....

wait, it worked this time!

let's see if DHCP does... nope.

so, which module do i need to load? the thing is, when debian reboots without network it hangs on open_socket.
i'm hoping to open a virtual console before the istaller reboots and add the network module manually. should work, no?

-a

Also the option of changing the legacy usb support option in the bios
sometimes helps.  Some systems prefer it on, some prefer it off.