Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

On 12/19/05, Thomas Steffen <steffen.list.account@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/19/05, Aaron Stromas <passogiau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone mentioned 64 bit knoppix. I thought of that but couldn't find it.
> That would be the fastest way, i think. Thanks for all the advice,

Seem I am mistaken there. I thought I did use it, but I could only
find a rather old port of Knoppix to amd64, which is probably not what
you want.

this one: http://www.applia.fr/contents/knoppix64.html?

The Ubuntu amd64 live CD might be a good alternative for now. It is a
bit slow booting, but it should make it a lot easier to figure out
your hardware. Unfortunately, the installation from the live CD is not
quite supported yet.

i was successful with ubuntu but i didn't know how to break out of gui and get root, so got rid of it. i've been educated on this list now, so i may do it again.

-a