Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

On 12/19/05, Dean Hamstead <dean@bong.com.au> wrote:

under the section "If you'd like something newer"

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

thanks. don't know how i missed it.

theres the net installer link. i dont know if you want full cds or
netinstaller. i would go with net installer. infact... i do go with it.

netinstaller. it takes ~2 hrs to download an image over DSL

im posting from my amd64 right now which i installed on the other week using
that image (although last weeks images). this machines specs as previously
mentioned...

amd64 4000+
1 gig corsair xms pro
dfi lanparty ut nf4 sli-d
2* wd raptors (36gig), sata in soft raid
xpertvision nvidia 6600gt (pcie)

benq lcd, onboard sound, ms mouse, apple keyboard.
blah blah blah

anyway it all works nicely with kernel 2.6.12 and 2.6.14.
anything earlier had problems (ie 2.6.8 didnt do sound or
the nforce NIC, 2.6.10 was better, 2.6.11 i would say those
two pieces of hardware started working well. since then
100%)

your motherboard would seem about the same as mine. dont
give up yet! debian will run very nicely on your machine.

i'm not, thanks for the support. i've been running debian since '98(?) and intend to continue doing so.

-a

Dean