Re: Flash (Re: OpenOffice-2.0.)

Hello all,

first, thanks for the 32 bits stuff. Of course, clean 64 bits programs
must be the way to go, but for the moment, I'm happy to have the 32 bit
programs.

OOO and Skype is running OK on my amd64 system. The remaining major
problems I have are:

  - flash player in firefox,
  - adobe acrobat reader,
  - real player,
  - some codecs for mplayers/xine/totem/... (from w32codecs on 32 bits
    x86 GNU/Debian distrib).

For acrobat reader, evince, gpdf or even xpdf are good alternatives.

For real player and w32codecs, I don't have a solution at this time. (I
don't want to setup a 32bit chroot at this time, as it seem to me it's a
little bit complicated when you have nis or ldap).

For flash player, the alternative to have mozilla-firefox-32 seems to be
a good solution until the libflash-mozplugin will support more flash
pages... But:

> >Nice, thanks. Here are two bugs I found:
> >
> >Setting up mozilla-firefox-32 (1.0.7-1.32b1) ...
> >Updating mozilla-firefox chrome registry...E: Registration process existed with status: 1
> >E: /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-32/extensions/installed-extensions.txt still present. Registration might have gone wrong.
> >mv: tiedoston "/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-32/defaults.ini" tilaa ei voi lukea: Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole
> >dpkg: error processing mozilla-firefox-32 (--configure):
> > subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> >Errors were encountered while processing:
> > mozilla-firefox-32
> >
> >kaylee ~ % mozilla-firefox-32
> >/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-32/firefox-bin: /lib32/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-32/firefox-bin)
> >
> I've corrected these problems.
> I'm looking forward for your report.

1st problem is present for me with a fresh update:

  $ sudo apt-get install mozilla-firefox-32 ia32-libs -t experimental
  Setting up mozilla-firefox-32 (1.0.7-1.32b2) ...
  Updating mozilla-firefox chrome registry...E: Registration process existed with status: 127
  E: /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-32/extensions/installed-extensions.txt still present. Registration might have gone wrong.
  mv: cannot stat `/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-32/defaults.ini': No such file or directory
  dpkg: error processing mozilla-firefox-32 (--configure):
   mozilla-firefox-32

Any suggestions ?

        Olivier
--