Debian clock multi boot (It was: Burn 100min. (878MB) cd-data with k3b)

> As far as I am aware, Windows sets the hardware clock to the *local*
> time, thus on next boot Debian will think local time is UTC, causing the
> discrepancy.

Yes, this is my exact situation.

> I'd suggest reading Chapter 16 from the Debian sysadmin manual for a
> solution to this (specifically section 16.3):
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/system-administrator/ch-sysadmin-time.html

it returns:

"DOS, OS/2 and Windows except NT do not use timezones. If you need to have the correct local time in these operating systems, you have to set the clock to local time. Debian Linux can live with this and it works, but if your main operating system(s) understand timezones, use them."

Is it enough set "timezone" in WinXP? Is it possible?

Thanks,
Giulio