Re: acpi on turion 64

On (12/12/05 18:46), Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:52:30PM +0100, Andrea Gasparini wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm new of this mailing list, and i've some problems with fine-tunes in my
> > Turion based notebook...
> >
> > The most serious problem is that from rebooting it doesn't change states of
> > cooling fans... so it stops on high temperature...
> >
> > /proc/acpi/fan/xx/state says:
> > state	off
> > and there's no way of toggle it to on state... for example with:
> > echo on > /proc/acpi/fan/xx/state
>
> Try
> echo 0 > /proc/acpi/fan/xx/state
> to turn it on, and
> echo 3 > /proc/acpi/fan/xx/state
> to turn it off.
>
> But I think there may be other issues though and therefore you should
> try to report this problem to the acpi ML:
> <acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

Interesting ....

I've had occasional problems with my acer amd64 athlon laptop and I
thought the Turion would be a better bet:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/09/msg00663.html

My machine's been back to Acer twice and the second time they reset the
heatsink.  I've had a couple of shutdowns since but vacuuming the PC
seems to help.

Regards

Clive

--