many lost ticks, clock drifts problems also with debian smp kernel?

Hi,

I have a machine with an AMD64 x2 4800+ mounted on an asus A8V Deluxe. I have
experienced massive clock drift problems with smp kernels from the fedora core
4 x86_64 distribution, also with the newer 2.6.14.3 kernel from kernel.org:

----------
dmesg :

Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
warning: many lost ticks.
Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts
rip 0x435036
---------------

I have tried the pci=routeirq, acpi=off, noapic, nolapic, no_timer_check,
no_tsc... bootparams without any real succes, my system clock keeps on drifting
away faster and faster after the system has been up for some time.

My question to the list is :

Are the debian amd64-k8-smp kernels also subject to this problem?

I have browsed the entirety of the 2005 amd64 lists and have found various posts
about clock problems, but they were all laptop related, with the non smp kernel.

So far I haven't found any debian user reporting the same problme I face now,
but who knows, I'd like to make this sure before I break my current fedora
install and start a rather time consuming debian install (time consuming
because I have never used debian before).

Thanks for your help,

/rémi