Re: ISO Burning problems

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 12:42 pm, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:12:45PM +0000, antonio giulio wrote:
> > with:
> >
> > mount -o loop image.iso /mnt/image
> > mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> > diff -ruN /mnt/image /mnt/cdrom
> >
> > diff has returned nothing.
>
> diff returning nothing means no differences found.
>
> if you want you can do:
> diff -ruN /mnt/image /mnt/cdrom && echo "Everything matches" || echo
> "Something didn't match"
>
> > This is the output of k3b-debug after dvd iso burning:
>
> All looked fine to me.
>
> Len Sorensen

I ran into this the first time that I burned a DVD image of Libranet's new,
3.0 release. Growisofs output indicated a successful burn, but the new image
failed the md5sum test. I finally noticed that the dvd image was several
kilobytes larger than the original image. Eventually, using dd & od I
determined that the difference appeared to consist of several blocks of
binary zeros appended to the end of the original image. As a test of this
theory, I used dd to truncate the extra blocks and the resulting image passed
the md5sum test.

Cheers!

cmr
--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----