Re: why is amd64 still separate?

Matthias Julius <lists@julius-net.net> writes:

> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:
>
>> It's deemed necessary to split the archive into popular/less-popular
>> architectures before any more can be added -- not just amd64. The
>> current single archive is too big for mirrors. That work is in progress.
>
> I don't understand the problem there.  Each mirror already can decide
> which architectures to mirror.
>
> Matthias

The first argument is: All primary mirrors must have all archs.

The second: Excluding archs is to hard for mirror admins, they will
drop debian complety instead of excluding archs.

Both arguments I can't agree with and some primary mirrors already
droped archs. But that were the reasons given.

MfG
        Goswin